I buy all my Human hair wigs from EBay. Yes, be warned there is always an element of risk it what is going to arrive in the post, but so far my overall experience is positive.
Most sellers are based on China, although their listings will say ‘Brazilian Virgin Remy hair etc etc’. Don’t be fooled – it’s probably not!
Don’t be put off by this though, the hair is always soft and silky and I’ve found every time that I get 3 months +/- everyday wear. (I can do a post on prolonging the life of your wig if requested because this is important!)
It’s great for finding lots of different lengths, colours and ombré styles for under £300!! For me this works great – it’s just about with in reach price-wise, and when it’s knackered after 3 months I can easily find a new style.
You can choose between a front lace and full lace unit. I always go for the latter – this is so I can style my wig however I like and I will have a ‘scalp effect’ all over my head.
You can then choose your length, which will determine the price of the wig. They usually range from 12 inches at about £100, up to 24 inches around £300. This does vary A LOT but I try to find sellers that are around this region.
Now, when your wig comes there is going to be an element of work required! Here’s my tips;
- Cutting the extra lace – you can do this with the wig on your head or off. I choose to get the bulk of it off and then put it on my head to get the last few bits do shape my hairline.
- I ALWAYS cut bangs and baby hair into my wigs. It just looks more natural on me and it can act as a great disguise if your not confident about your wigs hairline.
- You may have to pluck your hairline and your parting – sometimes they are a bit too thick at front so you can carefully thin it out.
- Bleaching the knots – some wigs come with knots already bleached some don’t but again this will make the root look more natural.
- You might have to cut and sew the back if it’s too big – I have a small head, a REALLY small head! So I often have to cut out at inch at the back and see it up.
- These wigs need to be glued down when you wear them. I use got2b glued gel or got2be hairspray (both work great). Apply to your hairline and make sure your skin is clean and then place your wig down. This should last for the day and sometimes longer!
Recommended sellers on eBay that I have used over the last couple of years;
I got this wig from them, the blonde was a gorgeous white blonde. It lasted me 4 months at a stretch! Shipping takes a while on this one
This wig is my most recent one that I posted on Instagram. It feels lovely and I’ve had so many compliments!! It was HUGE on my head to had to cut and see the back to get rid of the excess material! You can probably email the seller and ask for a small/medium cap size instead! I bought 130% density – it’s a little thin so I would recommend requesting 150%.